Carcinogen Identification Committee (CIC) Meeting, November 2016
The Carcinogen Identification Committee (CIC) is scheduled to meet on Tuesday, November 15, 2016, at the California Environmental Protection Agency Headquarters Building, Sierra Hearing Room, at 1001 I Street, Sacramento, California, beginning at 10:00 a.m. and continuing until all business has been conducted, or 5:00 p.m.
Tentative Agenda for the November 15, 2016 Meeting of the Carcinogen Identification Committee
Sierra Hearing Room
California Environmental Protection Agency Building
1001 I Street, Sacramento, CA
Tuesday, November 15, 2016
This meeting will be webcast: The URL for the webcast (not active until the day and time of the meeting) is: https://video.calepa.ca.gov/.
The tentative agenda for this meeting is given below. The order of items on the agenda is provided for general reference only. The order in which items are taken up by the Committee is subject to change at the discretion of the Committee Chair.
- WELCOME AND OPENING REMARKS
- CONSIDERATION OF CHEMICALS AS KNOWN TO THE STATE TO CAUSE CANCER:
NITRITE IN COMBINATION WITH AMINES OR AMIDES
- Staff presentation
- Committee discussion
- Public comments1
- Committee discussion and decision
- PRIORITIZATION OF CHEMICALS FOR FUTURE CIC REVIEW
- Staff presentations
- Committee members discuss and propose priority rankings for each of the 5 chemicals or chemical groups
- Committee discussion
- Public Comments1
- Committee discussion and recommendations
- UPDATE OF THE HEALTH AND SAFETY CODE SECTION 27000 LIST OF CHEMICALS WHICH HAVE NOT BEEN ADEQUATELY TESTED AS REQUIRED
- STAFF UPDATES
- Chemical listings via the administrative listing mechanisms
- Proposition 65 litigation
- SUMMARY OF COMMITTEE ACTIONS
If you plan to make public comments in the form of a presentation to the Committee that will exceed 5 minutes, please provide an estimate of the time you will need and the reason you are requesting additional time, to the Proposition 65 mailbox P65.Questions@oehha.ca.gov or (916) 445‑6900 by 5:00 p.m. on October 21, 2016.
If you have special accommodation needs, please contact the Proposition 65 Implementation Office at (916) 445-6900 or P65.Questions@oehha.ca.gov in advance of the meeting. TTY/TDD/Speech-to-Speech users may dial 7-1-1 for the California Relay Service.
 The CIC may also consider whether a subset of chemicals of this class have been clearly shown through scientifically valid testing according to generally accepted principles to cause cancer.
 Public comments will be limited to 5 minutes per commenter, except for those commenters who made requests by October 21, and received approval from the Committee Chair for longer comments.