Fish advisory for New Bullards Bar Reservoir in Yuba County.
Fish are nutritious and good for you to eat.
- Fish are an excellent source of protein and most are low in saturated fats.
- Fish contain omega-3 fatty acids that can reduce your risk for heart disease and improve how the brain develops in unborn babies and children.
- But some fish you catch may take in toxic chemicals from the water in which they live and the food they eat.
- Some of these chemicals build up in the fish - and in you - over time.
- Check our Fish Advisories for help on how to pick the best fish for you and your family.
About Good Catch California
Your Fish Advisor
Good Catch California is the fish advisory program in OEHHA. We provide advice to help you choose fish to eat that are low in chemicals. Making good choices will help you and your family be healthy.
Reports, Notices, Documents
Safe eating advice for five species of fish from New Bullards Bar Reservoir in Yuba County. Advisory based on mercury.
Instructional videos related to the use of fish advisories and the benefits and risks of eating fish.
Advisory based on selenium.
Domoic Acid Workshop will be held at the UC Davis Buehler Alumni Center, AGR Hall. Registration, agenda, and meeting materials are available.
Fish advisory for Monterey and San Luis Obispo County’s Lake San Antonio offers safe eating advice for Bullhead, Inland Silverside, White Catfish, black bass species, Carp, Channel Catfish, and Striped Bass
Fish advisory for El Dorado County’s Jenkinson Lake offers safe eating advice for Rainbow Trout, sunfish species, and black bass species
Safe eating recommendations based on the levels of mercury measured in fish collected from Jenkinson Lake.
This fish advisory provides safe eating advice for seven species of fish from Lake San Antonio in Monterey and San Luis Obispo Counties.
OEHHA and UC Davis scientific workshop on May 4, 2017 exploring “Domoic Acid: Evaluating the State of the Science and Implications for Human Toxicity”. This workshop will explore dose levels that induce adverse effects and the spectrum of health endpoints.