Most Popular Links
- Art and Crafts Hazards List
- Cal/Ecotox Database
- Decisions Pending and Opportunities for Public Participation
- Green Chemistry
- Hot Spots
- Press Releases
- Proposition 65 List of Chemicals
- Public Health Goals
- Public Records Act Requests
- Soil Screening Values
- Toxicity Criteria Database
- About the California Biomonitoring Program
- Scientific Guidance Panel
- Program Meetings
- Program Reports
- Public Involvement Opportunities
- Selecting Chemicals for the Program
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Información en Español
- Related Links
- Website Notice Archive
- Join the Biomonitoring Listserv
- Contact the Program
California Environmental Contaminant Biomonitoring Program
The Biomonitoring site has moved. You will be redirected to the new site now.
What is biomonitoring?
Biomonitoring is the measurement of chemicals (or their metabolites) in a person’s body fluids or tissues, such as blood or urine. It tells us the amount of the chemical that actually gets into people from all sources (for example, from air, soil, water, dust, and food) combined. Because of this, biomonitoring can provide useful information on how much exposure to toxic chemicals a person has had.
WHAT IS BIOMONITORING CALIFORNIA?
The purpose of the California Environmental Contaminant Biomonitoring Program, also called Biomonitoring California, is to:
- Determine levels of environmental chemicals in a representative sample of Californians
- Establish trends in the levels of these chemicals over time
- Help assess the effectiveness of public health efforts and regulatory programs to decrease exposures to specific chemicals.
For more information about the Biomonitoring California, select this link.
To view a short video about Biomonitoring California, select this link.
- Transcript of the April 11, 2013 Scientific Guidance Panel Meeting
- Updated Priority Chemicals List
- Presentations for April 11, 2013 Scientific Guidance Panel Meeting
- Meeting Materials Posted for April 11, 2013 Scientific Guidance Panel Meeting
- Room change - April 11, 2013 Scientific Guidance Panel Meeting
- Agenda for the April 11, 2013 Scientific Guidance Panel Meeting
- Updated Designated Chemicals List
- Second Report to the California Legislature (Covers 2010-2011)
- Summary of Panel Input and Recommendations for November 8, 2012 Scientific Guidance Panel Meeting